CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Funny Facts

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I felted!

I am so excited. I've been workign forever on a bag design to felt. I've rstarted the thing like a hundred times. I finally finished up the peices last night. Sewed them together today and just pulled it out of the washing machine. It looks so purty!

One thing I will have to remember for next time, if I choose to use a pair of shoes to run through with the felting I'll need to make sure they are the same color as the yarn. I used a pairof brown shoes that needed some washing done and put them in with the bag. The bag is a charcoal color from Lamb's Pride. When I pulled it out, it had brown stuff mixed in with some of the fluff left on the bag. I've been scraping the brown stuff off, but it didn't really effect the outcome.

I also think that next time I'm going to do a straight garter stitch. At least for the handle. I did a stockinette stitch this time and forgot that I don't have blocking pins. The handle is rolling in on itself, but it actually looks pretty good. It just makes the handle look thicker instead of wider.

I think I found another new love. I've already got another design in the back of my head and am buying some lovely yarn from Knitpicks when I get paid next week.

Chantle asked if she could have my new bag. Uh, no. Maybe I'll make the next one for her.

0 comments: