CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Funny Facts

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Finishing

So I joined this group on Ravelry called February is for Finishing. It's all about finishing your UFOs that have been sitting there calling out your name to be completed. For me it's the ones I get so excited about starting and then they sit there. Either because I get bored with them or they just need to be sewn together.

Well I just realized that it's February. Granted it's still early in the month, hell it's only the 2nd, but I've already started getting this knot in the pit of my stomach. It's that whole, I think I bit off more than I can chew knot. The I'm never going to be able to do this thought.

What's really pathetic is I only have about four projects that I'm working on that need to be completed. A pair of socks, the rest of the bookmarks, a blanket and a pillow that needs to be stuffed. Actually, I just started another project the other night. A seamless bag that I plan on felting. So five altogether. It's not like I HAVE to complete them, well the bookmarks have to be completed this month. But I signed up for something and if don't get them all done I'll feel like a failure. Shouldn't but I will.

I'll have to keep track of how feel when I pick up each prject and how I feel when I finish. I think this will be interesting for me to keep note of. I'm a terrible procrastinator and have a tendency to be stubborn. Almost like I won't knit because I just know I'll fail so I'll wait til March to knit again :(

Maybe this will be another healing excercise for me. At the least ifI work hardand get the five projects done, I'll have some pretty cool new things to brag about :p

0 comments: